Business AnalystGateshead (hybrid), Tyne & Wear, UK
Are you obsessed with digital products, usability, UX design or business process automation? Are you ambitious and results-oriented, with an eye for detail and a penchant for delivering software that people love to use?
After taking significant investment we are growing fast, delivering end-to-end digital transformations for an enviable roster of clients across a range of industry sectors.
We live or die by the quality of the software we create, so we’re looking for a passionate, organised and ultra-professional Business Analyst to guide our customers through the veritable minefield that is designing and deploying custom digital eco-systems.
With a rapidly expanding pipeline of interconnected mobile apps, desktop applications, process automations and back-office integrations to deliver, there has never been a better time to carve out a dream career for yourself designing front-line software in a fast-paced SaaS company.
We don’t do account managers – we’re all about delivery. That’s why we’re bringing skilled Business Analysts to the table, guiding our customers through the digital transformation process and working with the build and development teams to deliver software that creates genuine business impact.
It’s a sleeves-up, hands-on, creative and technical rollercoaster of a position, working with a world-class team of commercial visionaries, project managers and software engineers to make our customers’ dreams reality.
It’ll flex all of your software design muscles, from capturing and prioritising customer requirements and designing rock-solid software their employees will love, to seeing it rolled-out to the workforce and tracking success against agreed business outcomes.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Single point of contact for the customer, for the duration of their transformation
- Gathering, challenging and prioritising project and customer requirements
- Documenting project scope and functionality, including workflow diagrams and technical specifications
- Understanding and communicating the customer’s success metrics all the way through the project lifecycle
- Challenging the customer on ideas that may not work so well, presenting proven alternatives with credibility and authority
- Liaising with the project delivery team and acting as Product Owner on your customer’s behalf throughout the build process
- Holding regular show n’ tells with the customer throughout the project
- Gathering, validating, prioritising and communicating customer feedback
- Acting as the final stage of quality assurance before hand-off to the customer
- Ensuring the finished product is accepted, deployed and fully-adopted by the customer and their workforce
- Monitoring customer experience metrics to evaluate adoption levels and identify/address roll-out issues quickly and efficiently
- Reporting regularly to senior management on the health of your customer portfolio
- Proactively engaging self-building customers to ensure they’re approaching their projects in the right way
- Providing timely bespoke training and consultancy to empower self-building customers to create great software
- Contribute to Nutshell’s own product roadmap, with ideas and improvements based on first-hand customer feedback
Experience and track-record is essential; either in business process management, product management, or in another client-facing software design discipline such as UX or usability, where you’ve designed, delivered and deployed websites or software from scratch.
There is enough to learn, getting to know our product and platform, as well as understanding our clients’ industries, working practices and sector-specific lingo, without having to get your head around the software development lifecycle as well.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that every client in your care gets the kind of return on investment they’re looking for, building long-lasting relationships based on successful business outcomes.
Other responsibilities include:
- Learning our product, our platform, its capabilities and limitations intimately
- Managing a pipeline of multiple customers and applications from opportunity through to roll-out and adoption
- Providing clear, concise documentation both pre- and post-sale (e.g. workflow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, scoping documents)
- Ensuring that the customer’s expectations and business outcomes are achieved in a reasonable timeframe
- Establishing, documenting and educating customers on best-practice approaches to common workflows and use-cases
- Uncovering new opportunities within customer businesses to glean more value from our platform, and communicate them clearly to the commercial team
- Proactively managing the relationship with the customer, especially between projects
To be considered for this role, you’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3+ year’s experience in B2B business process management, product management, user-experience design, usability or something similar (we’re open to transferrable skills, wherever they come from)
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- A working knowledge of common Agile project management methodologies
- A black belt in software design (process/journey mapping and usability, rather than Photoshop)
- Lots of experience dealing directly with customers and their stakeholders
- An impeccable and professional telephone manner, as you’ll be speaking and/or meeting with customers face-to-face regularly
- Demonstrable experience gathering detailed requirements, uncovering business value and roadmap/backlog prioritisation
- The ability to handle several customers and projects at once
- A good technical mind, with experience designing/building websites, web applications, automated business processes or custom software
- A solid understanding of usability
- The propensity to learn quickly, understanding a customer’s business processes and picking up their lingo quickly
Note: you don’t need to be a graphic designer; when we say ‘design’ we mean mapping out a great user experience, with excellent usability and a dash of technical nouse.
To really knock our socks off, you might also have: (though definitely not required)
- Previous experience in an Account Management or Technical Support role
- Experience with LucidChart or some other BPMN diagramming tool
- An understanding of rudimentary relational database design
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Be sure to have a read and agree to our Privacy Notice before sending us any of your personal information.
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|